Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Oven-Baked Tofu Scramble

I love gas-powered cooking ranges. I love my oven. I love cast iron pans.

I swear with the combination of these two things, I can't go wrong with meals I make. They are a magic team.

On days when I am lazy, or busy, or making a lot of things at once (like brunch or dinner parties), my oven and cast iron pans are my best friends.

Almost like a crock pot. You can just toss everything in, turn over to anywhere between 350-450 degrees, depending on what you're cooking. Check back in 15 min-1hr later and your meal is ready.

I usually make tofu scrambles over a stove top, but sometimes I remember I can just toss it in the oven to create effortless magic. The good thing about this is that it also saves it from becoming to mashed up (unless that's what you want. I sometimes do).

For this
Cube some Extra Firm Tofu
Chop some Bell pepper, onions (and other veggies you like)
Add oil, salt, peppers, and other spices and herbs you like
Throw into oven at 400 degrees

Cook for about 30 mins, check and turn over, cook for longer if you want browner.
Ready!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post meal ideas, recipes, questions & requests!