Thursday, November 1, 2012

Recipe: When I FALL in love...it will be forever!

Let me introduce you to my 'Ode to Fall' salad. It's delicious!

Here's the story: I like Jicama and when I run into it, I remember that I like it. I had this large Jicama that I needed to use quickly because it was going to go bad soon. So I knew it would be the perfect thing to make for a brunch party where people could help me put a dent in it.
I knew I wanted it in a salad and looked online for recipes; I found one I liked but by the time I got up to start making it, I forgot what it was, and because I can't follow a recipe to save my life. I was like 'umm, how about this instead'? I had to think/work fast because, I was expecting a lot of people over any minute and was still behind. I was excited about doing something that was 'hella fall' and I liked the colors I could see it making. We had just picked up all these cool fruits and veggies from the farmer's market, so I thought how about it. The result was a winner, and I'm just saying this from all the good feedback I got that day.

Okay, so now pay attention because this is REALLY complicated.
Ingredients
  1. Jicama
  2. Fuyu Persimmons
  3. Pomegranate
Directions:
  1. Grab Bowl
  2. Peel Jicama
  3. Shred into bowl
  4. Grab Persimmon
  5. Shred into Bowl
  6. Open/Tear Pomegranate
  7. Drop seeds into bowl
  8. Tear off mint leaves
  9. Garnish
  10. Proceed to Ravish.
Complicated. Right? Okay so it's not. I somehow suspect this will work on kids. Got kids? Try it on and let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post meal ideas, recipes, questions & requests!