Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Like Babies for Broccoli

My (then) 7 month-old daughter has been really into broccoli these past few days. It's so easy because I can just have her sit in her high chair and she can feed herself from her plate. She also eats super spicy food, which is weird (I think), and sour things. I guess at this age, every sensation is extreme & new anyway, so spicy and sour are just as well. I bought from the Oakland's White Elephant sale one of these heavy baby plates, so it helps reduce (not totally eliminate) the slam-my-plate-and-splatter-everything-everywhere incidents. If she's into the food and wants to eat, it takes her a while before she can slam it all down and pour her food out. But usually if she's into the food, she wont play with the plate too much.

Other things that work well that I don't have to feed her myself and don't make too much of a mess
Roasted Seasoned Potatoes with skin off
Roasted Curry Cauliflower
Bean cakes
Steamed Greens
Fried Eggs
Squash/Sweet Potatoes
Banana & Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes
Zucchini and Cheese (or no cheese Patties)
Really any patties of veggies you can cook, mush, season and combine and make, so it's soft but they can practice eating actual food by themselves.

Other things that make a mess...but oh well
Oatmeal cooked thick, so enough to pick up with fingers
Steamed Beets


It's cool to be exploring food with a new human!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post meal ideas, recipes, questions & requests!