Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Fall's Bounty from the Farmer's Market

As I anticipate summer...I remember this photo of produce that I got during the beginning of the Fall season.

For $45 Cold Hard cash: a table full of organic produce. Wow! You can't beat that (even for non-organic). We try to catch a farmer's market to shop for produce for the week or next 2. Last year I discovered the Chinatown/Downtown Oakland Farmers Market and it's so far my favorite. There is this feeling that folks there are just there to shop, so it's down to business as opposed to the sceney 'look at me be cool' feel that some other farmer's markets have (which I appreciate too on certain days). Here's what we bought:

(2) 20-count trays brown Eggs (we were hosting a brunch so we bought A LOT)
Multi-colored Carrots
Spring Onions
Red Onions
Pumpkin
Kabocha Squash
Butternut Squash
Yellow,Purple, Red & Green Bell Peppers
Zucchini
Yellow Summer Squash
Persimmons
Jujubees
Pomegranates( Fuyu & Hachiya)
Collard
Kale
Chard
Strawberries
Blackberries
Raspberries
Yellow Green Beans
Cucumber
Corn

I just love what fall has to offer. This motivates me to keep going Farmer's markets for better/fresher foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post meal ideas, recipes, questions & requests!